Monday, December 10, 2007

What to do when iTunes doesn't have a song you want

Per my post below, I’m making the ultimate Christmas mix.  After much debate, I decided that Band Aid’s “Do they know it’s Christmas” should make the cut.  However, when I went to the iTunes music store, it was only available as part of an entire album for $18.99.  Since I had many of the songs, and the rest were terrible, I searched google and found a UK site called 7digital which had it.  However, after paying for it in pounds (I think it was around $1.25) and downloading it, iTunes would recognize or convert it, as it was in a protected WMA format and not whatever format iTunes uses.  After doing a little research, I found that if I simply burned the song to a disc in Windows Media Player, iTunes would then import it.

 

The problem with this is that my CD burner has not worked since I “upgraded” to Vista.  After about an hour, I was able to burn a disc and import it.  Suddenly the $18.99 didn’t look like such a bad price.  What a freakin’ hassle.  In addition, I have no idea if 7digital is legit…it could be some Ukranian-based identity scam that just loaded up my computer with Trojans.

No comments: